If you are a student from Tunisia hoping to further your education, then you should apply for the Thomas Jefferson Undergraduate Scholarship.
The Thomas Jefferson Undergraduate Scholarship program is an opportunity for prospective students to come to grips with the reality of the academic fabric of the United States, together with a working knowledge of the leadership skills and academic outputs available in the US.
Ultimately, the students will be able to play pivotal roles in boosting their country’s economy.
Thomas Jefferson Undergraduate Scholarship: Eligible Candidates
This scholarship opportunity for Tunisians operates on an inclusive policy. This means that getting the scholarship does not depend on the color of your skin, your place of birth or country of origin, religion, physical fitness, or other restrictions.
You get a Thomas Jefferson Undergraduate Scholarship Program for young Tunisian Students solely on merit.
The following are the criteria for eligibility:
- Be a citizen of Tunisia and a resident in the country at the time of application.
- You must be doing undergraduate studies in a verified institution of higher learning in the country
- You will be considered eligible if you are not already a final year student in a university.
- As a special case, if you are in your 1st or 2nd year(s) prep class as an engineering student or gone through 3rd and 4th level in an engineering course, then you are eligible.
- If you are an architecture student, you are considered eligible for the first 4 years period into your studies.
- You must be more than eighteen (18) years old come the first of July 2021.
- Also, you should be able to secure a US J-1 Visa.
- You will likely return to the country after your education in the USA
- You must have a good result from your studies while in Tunisia
- Lastly, your cumulative TOEFL score must be over 500
Advantages of the Thomas Jefferson Undergraduate Scholarship Program
At a glance, the most appealing benefit of this scholarship program is that it is fully funded.
As part of the American vision to help third world students in their educational pursuits, the US Department of State spearheads this scholarship opportunity.
the program is facilitated through IREX.
Online Application for the Scholarship
The requirements are not too demanding, you only have to get the application form online.
You will have to include two (2) credible references in the application form. And each of them must be able to attest to how appropriate you are for the scholarship program.
Also, you must submit the full copies of documents relevant to the application before the closure of the application process.
Note: make sure that you apply together with other documents at the same time. The complete materials should include your application form and 2 reference forms.